- Joint statement - IP Associations’ strong concerns with the Irish Government’s decision to proceed with plain packaging legislation
- PRESS RELEASE- "The role of trade marks in cross-border trade",European IPR Helpdesk Bulletin, April 2013
- PRESS RELEASE- "From ACTA to standardised packaging: ECTA’s overview of 2012", World Intellectual Property Review e-Digest 2013
- PRESS RELEASE - Protection of European consumers and brand owners from counterfeit goods: Goods in transit in the context of the the Revision of the Community
Trade Mark Regulation 207/2009 and of the Trade Mark Directive 2008/95/CE
- PRESS RELEASE - "Trade marks-Governmental Regulatory Instruments" (translated into French), Décideurs Magazine, September 2012
- PRESS RELEASE - European manufacturing and creative industries react to European Parliament vote on ACTA, 4 July 2012
- PRESS RELEASE - Manufacturing and creative sectors urge responsible consideration of ACTA before Plenary vote by Parliament, 21 June 2012
- PRESS RELEASE - European Sister Organisations Joint Statement 23 April 2012 - Objection to the adoption of restrictive legislation or policy options frequently referred to as “generic” or “plain packaging”
- PRESS RELEASE - Signing the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) : ECTA Comments - 12 October 2011
ECTA, the European Communities Trade Mark Association, was formed in 1980.
ECTA numbers approximately 1.400 members, coming from all the Member States of the European Union with associate members from all over the world. It brings together persons practising professionally in the Member States of the European Community in the field of trade marks, designs and related IP matters. These professionals are lawyers, trade mark advisors, trade mark attorneys, in-house counsel and others who can be considered specialist practitioners in these areas.
ECTA’s secretariat is located at Rue des Colonies 18/24, 1000 Brussels (tel: +32 2 513 5285).